Orphan Black is a Canadian dramatic conspiracy thriller and science fiction television series that premiered on March 30, 2013. The original scripted drama series is co-created by Graeme Manson and John Fawcett, with Manson also serving as writer and Fawcett as director. It is produced by Temple Street Productions in association with BBC America and Space.
It currently airs as a part of BBC America's Supernatural Saturday programming block, and Saturdays on Canadian channel, Space, as well.
The series stars Tatiana Maslany as Sarah, a woman who steals the identity of a suicide victim who looks exactly like her. Sarah has always lived the life of an orphan outsider. But a clone is never alone. Sarah hopes that cleaning out a dead woman's bank account will solve all her problems. Instead, her problems multiply – and so does she.
"Orphan Black" features rising star Tatiana Maslany in the lead role of Sarah, an outsider and orphan whose life changes dramatically after witnessing the suicide of a woman who looks just like her. Sarah assumes her identity, her boyfriend and her bank account. But instead of solving her problems, the street smart chameleon is thrust headlong into a kaleidoscopic mystery. She makes the dizzying discovery that she and the dead woman are clones… but are they the only ones? Sarah quickly finds herself caught in the middle of a deadly conspiracy and must race to find answers about who she is and how many others there are just like her.
- Tatiana Maslany as clones: Sarah, Cosima, Alison, etc.
- Jordan Gavaris as Felix Dawkins
- Maria Doyle Kennedy as Mrs. S
- Dylan Bruce as Paul Dierden
- Evelyne Brochu as Delphine Cormier (seasons 2-present, recurring 1)
- Kevin Hanchard as Arthur Bell
- Ari Millen as male clones: Mark Rollins and Rudy (season 3, recurring 2)
- Kristian Bruun as Donnie Hendrix (season 3, recurring 1-2)
- Marie Doyle Kennedy as Mrs. S