- This page is locked to prevent the addition of speculation into the article about this season which is yet to premiere. This is so that only (semi-)confirmed information will be found here. Changes you wish to be suggest should be taken to the talk page.
Season 2 of Orphan Black was renewed on May 2, 2013, halfway through the successful run of its first season. With 10 episodes, it is currently in production and is set to premiere in April 19, 2014 on BBC America.
Season 2 hits the ground running with Sarah in a desperate race to find her missing daughter, Kira. Her scorched earth tactics spark a war with pro-clone Rachel, dividing and imperiling all the clones. As Sarah discovers more about her past, mysterious newcomers appear, but can they be trusted?
Sarah will be on the run from the "bad guys" for Season 2, which will start almost immediately after the end of the Season 1. Rachel's backstory, Cosima's illness, Sarah's motherhood, and Kira's healing abilities will also be explored. The series may also address the recent Supreme Court ruling against the patenting of human genes. New clones may also be introduced.
Characters set to appear
- Michiel Huisman as Cal Morrison, set to debut in episode 2.03, a rugged, resourceful, outdoorsman with surprising emotional depth and a sixth sense about people and situations. Cal will need all his wits and humanity as he crosses paths with the clones. His journey will be fraught with surprise, danger, and revelations he could never see coming. He lives off the grid in a house he built in the woods. Sarah and Kira will be hiding out at his cabin and Cal will cover for them when his policeman friend looks for them (calling them shoplifters: a child with her mother and an unspecified man). Cal and Sarah become lovers. Later, Cal kills someone in order to protect Sarah and Kira, and the three of them go on the run.
- Peter Outerbridge as Pastor Henrik “Hank” Johanssen, set to first appear in episode 2.02, a mercurial modern-day cowboy. He is the charismatic leader of a "Prolethean" sect living at an organic farm/compound and believes that synthetic biology is against God's will. Johanssen leads a flock of followers that have broken away from the old world “Prolethean” brotherhood. Under his messianic vision, the age old divide between science and religion has merged, forming a new and formidable threat.
- Ari Millen as Mark, a cunning predator with a dark edge. Mark is utterly devoted to Johanssen, who took him in and built him into a true believer in the cause. Now, guided by twisted morality and desperate faith, he's a relentless and dogged pursuer of the clones.
- Patrick J. Adams as Jesse, a brave but regular guy, who lands in a ton of trouble when the clones enter his life.
- Tatiana Maslany as Sarah Manning
- Jordan Gavaris as Felix Dawkins
- Kevin Hanchard as Arthur Bell
- Michael Mando as Vic
- ↑ https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=797147273504
- ↑ http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/07/17/orphan-black-creators-tease-season-2-expect-to-hit-the-ground-running/
- ↑ http://www.bbcamerica.com/anglophenia/2013/07/10-things-we-learned-in-the-orphan-black-comic-con-panel/
- ↑ http://tvline.com/2013/10/11/orphan-black-season-2-michiel-huisman-cast/
- ↑ http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/08/orphan-black-season-2-plot-snippets.html
- ↑ http://www.etonline.com/news/123642_Role_Call_Who_Got_Hired_in_Hollywood/index.html?page=MTc5&itmCnt=Mw==