Season 2 of Orphan Black premieres on April 19, 2014 with 10 episodes on BBC America. The show's renewal was officially announced on May 2, 2013, halfway through the successful run of its first season.
Orphan Black, hits the ground running with Sarah in a desperate race to find her missing daughter Kira—a wild pursuit that brings her head-to-head with ruthless pro-clone, Rachel, Sarah's scorched earth tactics sparking a war, dividing and imperiling all the clones. This season also rejoins Sarah's clone sisters Alison and Cosima as they struggle to keep their clone world a secret and pick up the pieces of their broken lives - all while dealing with the harsh reality that no one around them can be trusted. As Sarah discovers more about her past, mysterious newcomers appear, but can they be trusted?
As the mysterious world of Orphan Black widens, new layers of the conspiracy are peeled back. Season one introduced Sarah, whose life changed dramatically after witnessing the suicide of a woman who looked just like her. Sarah learned that, not only were she and the woman clones, but there were others just like them, and dangerous factions at work set on capturing them all. She forged an alliance with fellow clones Alison Hendrix and Cosima Niehaus - and together they've been fighting for their freedom and the safety of their loved ones.
This season the trio's bond remains strong but they've all made choices that have dire consequences, leaving Sarah to navigate a dangerous world of new enemies and shifting allegiances. She immediately sets off fighting for survival and willing to risk everything to find her missing daughter Kira and foster mother, Mrs. S. Unsure who to trust, Sarah starts an all out war against immense forces. A powerful member of the Dyad group of companies, clone Rachel Duncan, has been tasked with negotiating the allegiance of Sarah and the other clones. She'll stop at nothing to complete her mission, using those who love Sarah as leverage, including confidant Paul Dierden. But Sarah is willing to risk everything and employs scorched earth tactics that inevitably imperil the clones.
Alison, in a fit of desperation to preserve her perfect suburban world, signed a deal with the Dyad Institute to maintain the life of a Stepford wife with husband Donnie and her children - but at what cost? The death of her friend Aynsley and the constant suspicion she's being watched are taking a toll on her sanity. Paralyzed by paranoia, she finds a shoulder to lean on in Sarah's feisty foster brother Felix, who after getting lost in the shuffle of Sarah's life, is happy to finally be needed. Cosima isn't faring any better. Sick with a mysterious illness and facing her mortality, the consequences are severe. Unfortunately, their enemies might be her only hope, and Cosima must work with Dyad Institute scientist and lover, Delphine, to find a cure before it's too late.
Sarah will be on the run from the "bad guys" for Season 2, which will start almost immediately after the end of the Season 1. Rachel's backstory, Cosima's illness, Sarah's motherhood, and Kira's healing abilities will also be explored. The series may also address the recent Supreme Court ruling against the patenting of human genes. New clones may also be introduced.
As Season 2 delves deeper into what Felix's life outside the clones, his relationship with Sarah will be tested and he will forge new friendships and allegiances with other clones. Cosima will be facing her mortality and "science gone wrong," and Alison is tense about Aynsley's death, with some "explosions" coming up.
Characters set to appear
- Michiel Huisman as Cal Morrison, set to debut in episode 2.03, a rugged and resourceful, outdoorsman with surprising emotional depth and a sixth sense about people and situations. Cal will need all his wits and humanity as he crosses paths with the clones. His journey will be fraught with surprise, danger, and revelations he could never see coming. He lives off the grid in a house he built in the woods. Sarah and Kira will be hiding out at his cabin and Cal will cover for them when his policeman friend looks for them (calling them shoplifters: a child with her mother and an unspecified man). Cal and Sarah become lovers. Later, Cal kills someone in order to protect Sarah and Kira, and the three of them go on the run.
- Peter Outerbridge as Pastor Henrik "Hank" Johanssen, set to first appear in episode 2.02, a mercurial modern-day cowboy. He is the charismatic leader of a sect of the religious extremists "Prolethean" living at an organic farm/compound and believes that synthetic biology is against God's will. Johanssen leads a flock of followers that have broken away from the old world "Prolethean" brotherhood. Under his messianic vision, the age old divide between science and religion has merged, forming a new and formidable threat.
- Ari Millen as Mark, a cunning predator with a dark edge. Mark is utterly devoted to Johanssen and his religious teachings, who took him in and built him into a true believer in the cause. Now, guided by twisted morality and desperate faith, he's a relentless and dogged pursuer of the clones.
- Patrick J. Adams as Jesse, a brave but regular guy, down to earth guy with guts to match his good nature who lands in a ton of trouble when the clones enter his life.
- Michelle Forbes as Marion Bowles, a powerful new player at the Dyad Institute with a birds-eye view on the war between Sarah and Rachel.
|Nature Under Constraint and Vexed||April 19, 2014||11||2.01|
|Sarah is out of options, on the run, and pursued by deadly adversaries. Desperate to find her daughter Kira, Sarah suspects ruthless pro-clone Rachel is behind her daughter’s disappearance and sparks an all out war against her. Alison and Donnie attend the funeral of her fallen friend, Aynsley, causing Alison to sink into guilt and despair. Cosima is faced with a perplexing decision that may have dire consequences.|
|Governed By Sound Reason and True Religion||April 26, 2014||12||2.02|
|While Alison struggles with Aynsley's death and Cosima grapples with the worsening symptoms of her mysterious sickness, Sarah enlists Art's help to find Kira and is shocked when she learns where the trail leads.|
|Mingling Its Own Nature With It||May 3, 2014||13||2.03|
|After hitting the road with Felix, Sarah is forced to turn to a ghost from her past — an old flame named Cal Morison. When their brief respite is brutally shattered, Sarah realizes that no matter how far she runs, it will never be far enough.|
|Governed As It Were By Chance||May 10, 2014||14||2.04|
|Sarah returns home to search for answers, digging into the origins of the clone experiment with Cosima's help. The hunt takes her right into the belly of the beast, but getting out again could cost her more than she knows.|
|Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est||May 17, 2014||15||2.05|
|Rachel goes on the warpath, lashing out at Sarah's nearest and dearest. While she tries to keep her loved ones safe, an unexpected visitor threatens to derail her plans.|
|To Hound Nature in Her Wanderings||May 24, 2014||16||2.06|
|Sarah joins forces with an unlikely and untrustworthy ally, following a trail of clues that she hopes will lead her to the origins of the clone experiment. Cosima and Delphine make a discovery that could prove to be the key to treating her illness. Alison finds herself in unsavory company at rehab.|
|Knowledge of Causes, and Secret Motion of Things||May 31, 2014||17||2.07|
|When a rehab confidante betrays Alison and threatens to expose the truth about Aynsley’s death, she goes into free fall on the eve of Family Day. With Donnie and the kids set to visit, it’s all clones on deck to contain the fallout.|
|Variable and Full of Perturbation||June 7, 2014||18||2.08|
|A new player in the clone conspiracy turns up at Felix’s door, sending him into crisis mode. With Cosima running out of options, Sarah struggles with the decision to surrender a crucial piece of leverage and make a deal with Dyad.|
|Things Which Have Never Yet Been Done||June 14, 2014||19||2.09|
|Cosima takes a turn for the worst, forcing Sarah to take desperate action-with tragic consequences for those she loves. The Proletheans set their ultimate plan into motion. Alison and Donnie tangle with the law.|
|By Means Which Have Never Yet Been Tried||June 21, 2014||20||2.10|
|The war with Dyad is all but lost when Rachel's latest ploy forces a broken Sarah to concede. The Clone Club springs into action, uniting in a reckless gambit to save Sarah. As they fight to gain their freedom, Sarah encounters a new ally and uncovers a terrifying new dimension to the conspiracy.|
- ↑ https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=797147273504
- ↑ http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/07/17/orphan-black-creators-tease-season-2-expect-to-hit-the-ground-running/
- ↑ http://www.bbcamerica.com/anglophenia/2013/07/10-things-we-learned-in-the-orphan-black-comic-con-panel/
- ↑ http://tvline.com/2014/01/11/orphan-black-season-2-spoilers-sarah-felix-fight/
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 http://tvline.com/2013/10/11/orphan-black-season-2-michiel-huisman-cast/
- ↑ http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/08/orphan-black-season-2-plot-snippets.html
- ↑ http://www.etonline.com/news/123642_Role_Call_Who_Got_Hired_in_Hollywood/index.html?page=MTc5&itmCnt=Mw==
- ↑ http://tvline.com/2014/01/11/orphan-black-michelle-forbes-season-2-cast/